Mission Statement

To train boys and girls to love and serve Jesus Christ
through home delivered, kindergarten thru high school educational programs

Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Great Sunflower Project!

It is beginning to feel like Spring around here and the sun is slowly melting the excess snow still sitting in our yard and fields. As signs of spring are showing up around us, (our Magnolia tree has buds on it) I have begun to think about planting a garden and what types of flowers I would like to put in it. One of the things that I desire for my family is to have a passion and an interest in nature. I think  that the more you study nature the more evident God's hand in creation truly is. A really neat project that I have come across is called The Great Sunflower Project. It is a neat idea that allows families to help improve the environment, study nature, and practice their science skills. For more information on how to participate click here. This would also be an excellent earth day project and covers many learning outcomes in science, socials, language arts, health and career, and even a little bit of math. If your family decides to participate I would love to see your results in your portfolios.