Mission Statement

To train boys and girls to love and serve Jesus Christ
through home delivered, kindergarten thru high school educational programs

Friday, January 13, 2012

1 Timothy 4:12

I have recently come across a blog that has wonderful ideas for working with your kids, and for enhancing their spiritual lives. We used her resources for our advent activities this year and they were a huge success. My girls absolutely loved spending the time each day study the Christmas story a little deeper, and both them and I came away with new appreciation for the well known bible story. As a new year approaches I was looking for something that could inspire my kids to be confident in how they are, courageous enough to do what they know is right, regardless of their friends, and to continue to hide God's word in their hearts. As I clicked over to this lady's blog I found the perfect series paired with the perfect bible verse. She chose 1 Timothy 4:12
Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers, in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
For each of the characteristics described in the verse a week is spent doing activities and discussing what those characteristics mean, and what it looks like to be an example. So far she has completed the activities for speech and they are very simple and user friendly. If you are interested in using this resource please go to the blog Impress Your Kids by clicking on the the title. These are wonderful activities to develop your child's Godly character, and I love that they encourage kids to be an example now, not to wait until they grow up. I believe that in doing this kids will learn to have confidence and be able to share Christ's love more boldly then if we tell them they need to wait until they have grown up to do this. This lesson series also meets many of the learning outcomes found in the primary Health and Career course, so it will foster spiritual growth in your children, and enable you to check off those required learning outcomes!