I want to share a website with you that is put out by Focus on The Family. It is called Kid's of Integrity. You can get to it by clicking on the words Kid's of Integrity in this blog post. I have used many of the lessons with my kids and they have been very beneficial. I have found that this resource has been especially valuable when I have found a character trait that I want to work on with my kids. My second daughter is highly emotional and struggles with her self-control in certain situations We did the lesson set on self control through the website and I was amazed at how much improvement she showed. Spending time focusing on a specific aspect of her character really helped her have some key techniques to use when she was struggling with self-control. I found that many times I was also reminded of areas in my character that needed working on! I have included the summary of what the website aims at providing parents below:
Suitable for ages three to ten, Kids of Integrity is designed for maximum kid appeal! Each lesson features Bible-based discussions plus crafts, games, and object lessons from science, nature and even home cooking.
As you may already suspect, this is not a “once-a-day-around-the-table” approach to building godly character. Kids of Integrity is a diverse selection of ideas for kid-captivating experiences that can take place in the car, in the park or wherever you happen to be. The goal is to bring Jesus into every aspect of your family’s life and make spiritual formation an integral part of your children’s daily routine.
Families particularly appreciate Kids of Integrity's inherent flexibility. You tailor the lessons to suit your children’s unique needs and interests, and your family’s busy schedule. Whether you decide to do a little or a lot, what’s important is that you have begun intentionally encouraging your kids to be their best for Jesus
The resources found on this website include a parent's guide, planning cards, parent's prayer, kid's talk with God, speak a blessing, memory verse, kid's corner, creative discipline, practical suggestions, object lessons, bible stories, and other resources. The character traits that you can find lessons for are: Acceptance, Attentiveness, Courage, Contentedness, Courteous Communication, Faithfulness, Forgiveness, Generosity, Gentleness, Harmony, Honesty, Humility, Joy, Kindness, Obedience, Patience, Perseverance, Respect, Righteousness, Self-Control. There are also additional parenting tips and other resources that can be found on this website. Many of these lessons will also cover outcomes for other subject areas in your child's school year, and can be included in portfolio submissions. So head over to Kid's of Integrity and check out this great resource!
